Warm up this winter with a bowl of comfort! Introducing the nutritional powerhouse of the soup world: spinach or palak soup. As the temperature drops, warm and comforting foods become more appealing. One such dish that is both nutritious and satisfying is spinach soup. Made from freshly chopped spinach leaves and a variety of flavourful ingredients, this soup is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals while enjoying a delicious meal. The recipe is simple and brings delicious and healthy results. So, take a look at how to make spinach soup!
Health benefits of spinach soup
Spinach is packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and K, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. These nutrients help to keep the immune system strong, support healthy eyesight, and promote healthy bones. Spinach is also a low-cal food. It contains a high content of water and the fibre content that it has helps in better digestion and absorption of food. By including spinach in your diet, you can reap the benefits of these nutrients, especially during the winter months when fresh produce is found in abundance.
How to make spinach soup?
Making spinach soup is easy and requires just a few simple ingredients. So grab a pot, some spinach, and let’s get cooking!
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 onion, diced
*2 cloves of garlic, minced
*4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
*4 cups of chopped spinach leaves
*1 potato, peeled and diced
*1 cup of coconut cream (Optional)
*Salt and pepper, to taste
*1 tsp cumin powder
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the oil and saute it for 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
3. Add the broth, potatoes, and spinach and bring the mixture to a boil. You can also use 4 cups of water instead of the broth.
4. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes turn tender.
5. Remove the soup from heat and let it cool slightly.
6. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
7. Return the soup to the pot and add the coconut cream.
8. Season with salt, cumin powder and pepper, to taste.
9. Reheat the soup over medium heat until heated thoroughly.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Also read: Make moong dal soup this winter season for a taste of good health
This recipe is just a starting point and can be easily adjusted to suit your tastes. For example, you can add diced carrots or celery for added flavour and nutrition. You can also use different types of broth, such as beef or mushroom, to change the flavour profile. Finally, you can add a pinch of nutmeg or cumin to the soup for extra depth of flavour.
Spinach soup is a delicious and healthy way to warm up on cold winter days. With its high levels of vitamins and minerals, it is the perfect way to support your immune system and keep you feeling your best. Whether you make it for lunch or dinner, this simple soup is sure to become a staple in your winter recipe collection.