Strike terror into the hearts of demons and devils as you fight your way through eight Hells.
Part human, part demon, and obsessed with vengeance. Become The Unknown, and fight through the fiercest domains of Hell. Destroy the demon hordes and their leaders to set yourself up for an epic showdown with The Red Judge herself.
Every legend has a song. And yours is one of metal, vengeance, and destruction.
Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS, where your ability to shoot on the beat will enhance your gameplay experience. The more in sync you are with the rhythm, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause.
Defeat the demon hordes with a skull-clad blade or a wide range of murderous guns. Each weapon has its own ultimate ability, such as Murder of Crows or The Big Goodbye.
Developer The Outsiders and publisher Funcom are proud to announce Metal: Hellsinger‘s first DLC, Dream of the Beast, will arrive on March 29, 2023.
To perform two brand-new original songs, we welcome new talent: the soaring powerhouse that is Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil, and the searing demon voice of Will Ramos from Lorna Shore. Players can select these songs from the new Song Selection feature that will arrive in a free update on the same day as Dream of the Beast releases.
On top of the two new songs, Dream of the Beast adds plenty more. Blast through demons in rhythmic bursts of death with The Red Right Hand, the new machine gun, and don one of three sizzling outfits that provide unique gameplay modifiers. With this DLC, players will be able to experience Metal: Hellsinger with a completely different beat and playstyle.
On March 29, make the Hells fear the beat with new music, outfits, and an infernal weapon in Dream of the Beast.
Play through an epic storyline, narrated by award-winning actor Troy Baker and Jennifer Hale. With the campaign conquered, make sure to dive into Torment mode and ride the metal beat to the top
Although commonly known as Hell, The Infernal Planes is in reality a union of a thousand Hells, all of which are terrifying and diabolical in their own way. In order to dethrone The Red Judge, you must fight your way through the fiercest corners, from the icy world of Voke to the maddening world of Stygia.
- Slay to the beat: Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS, where your ability to shoot on the beat will enhance your gameplay experience. The more in sync you are with the rhythm, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause.
- Talented Voices from Hell: Metal: Hellsinger goes hard on the voice talent. The original soundtrack features a collection of metal icons such as:
- Randy Blythe from Lamb of God
- James Dorton from Black Crown Initiate
- Matt Heafy from Trivium
- Dennis Lyxzén from Refused and INVSN
- Tatiana Shmailyuk from Jinjer
- Mikael Stanne from Dark Tranquillity
- Björn Strid from Soilwork
- Alissa White-Gluz from Arch Enemy
- Serj Tankian from System of A Down
- Original and Adaptive Music: All the music in Metal: Hellsinger is original and adapts to the player’s performance. Slay to the beat enough and the music will get increasingly intense. Stay in the groove without missing a beat to keep the vocals roaring.
- An Epic Story & Challenge Mode: Play through an epic storyline that takes you through the otherworldly environments of eight Hells. Discover The Unknown’s past and defy the Red Judge of all Hells. After concluding the epic story, conquer the leaderboards or challenge your friends to beat your score on each level in the Challenge Mode.
- A Demonic Arsenal: Defeat the demon hordes with a skull-clad blade or a range of murderous guns. Charge each weapon’s unique ultimate ability and then unleash unrestrained destruction.
The Metal: Hellsinger development team consists of people with an incredible track record of creating blockbuster FPS hits and is spearheaded by Executive Producer Shila Vikström and Creative Director David Goldfarb. An industry veteran with a history of FPS success, Goldfarb was Lead Designer of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, as well as Game Director of Payday 2.
Metal: Hellsinger is available for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.